A licensed therapist, blogging about topics and perspectives that cover individuals of all ages, stages, beliefs and backgrounds, living life successfully. Imagine a therapist comfortable talking about anything- your life, your goals, your sexuality, your relationships, or any other topic we often avoiding confronting- out of fear of judgement. ALL QUESTIONS must be asked anonymously for public response, or through fan mail, as this is not my primary blog. Check out my Life Lessons page on my blog for the important things I come across, or see them at www.confidentialonlinetherapist.tumblr.com/tagged/life lessons
Are you looking for natural ways to improve your mood, due to stress, anxiety, sorrow, or anger?
Our “Cheer up, Buttercup!” series lists just that! We have 56 tips to help you brighten your day. :)
- Change your Self Talk
- Don’t let negative influences stay in your life for longer than necessary
- Maintain a good Network
- Do productive things
- You don’t have to hold it all in.
- Do what you love
- Indulge yourself
- Don’t blame yourself
- Look for the silver lining
- Bask in the sun!
- Play with a pet
- Repaint or reorganize your room
- Give someone a hug
- Reach out to someone
- Fish, Brazil Nuts, and Orange Juice
- Don’t over-schedule
- Don’t forget about your health
- Connect with others
- Shop smart
- Keep a daily journal
- Listen to your favorite music
- Eat three healthy meals a day
- Gussy up
- Watch a funny movie
- Let yourself cry
- Take a hot shower
- Call up an old friend
- Believe in yourself!
- Dye your hair
- Make your bed
- Wear something you really like
- Do something for someone else
- Get some new ideas
- Be thankful
- Listen to inspiring, upbeat music
- Make a list of quotes and lyrics that inspire you
- Make a list of places you’d like to visit, or things you’d like to do within your lifetime
- Bake or cook your favorite dish
- Watch silly daytime television
- Play a video game or a board game with friends
- Write letters to your best friends and send them if you wish to
- Start drawing, or a create a collage of how you’re feeling
- Place a blanket in the dryer and wrap it around yourself
- Make a cup of tea/coffee
- Look up and learn breathing techniques
- Run yourself a warm bath and fill it with aromatherapy oils
- Paint your nails
- Pray or Meditate
- Take photographs of something that catches your eye
- Look up funny cats and dogs on Youtube.
- Fill in a CBT ABC worksheet or something similar
- Invest in a punching bag
"You don’t have to be good at starting over. You just have to be good at letting go." -Single Mom’s Club (Tyler Perry)
You were born to be real, not to be perfect. You are here to be you, not to live someone else’s life.
Every day you make some progress and every day you make a few mistakes. Through it all, your wisdom continues to grow and your experience continues to broaden.
Be gentle with yourself. Accept who you are, where you have been, and what you have to work with, for in this moment you can make positive use of it all.
Reach in and touch the purpose that makes you feel most alive. The world around you is filled with places where that purpose can do great things.
It is never too late to offer your unique and genuine gifts to life. Now is the time to do great things, even in the smallest of ways.
Choose to fully and graciously live life as it comes. The richest rewards by far are the ones to which you most sincerely give of yourself.